Sr. Electrical Engineer
You could be the first! Hydra-Flex’s engineering team is looking for an inquisitive self-starter to be our inaugural Electrical Engineer. You will have the opportunity to design innovative products by partnering with a multidisciplinary in-house and out-sourced team, all while bringing an attitude of fun, flexibility, and fearlessness to an ever-changing array of exciting design challenges. No day is ever the same!
The primary focus of this role is creating electromechanical products by performing electrical engineering activities such as design and test of electrical circuits, motor control devices, sensors, switches and other electrical equipment components. As the Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be the electrical lead for the company and have technical influence on projects. Our projects range from short technology investigations to full end-to-end product development. You will work with the engineering manager, mechanical engineering team and other departmental leads to plan and prioritize projects. You will be trusted and empowered to communicate directly with suppliers, vendors and customers. If you want to make an immediate impact and trailblaze a path of new expertise within a growing company, Hydra-Flex is for you!
- Provide technical oversight and leadership of electrical engineering work using sound judgment, concepts, theories and principles.
- Utilize a broad understanding of practices in many disciplines such as industrial and consumer level electrical product design, web-based software and industrial PLC software.
- Work as a member of cross-functional teams to impact new design development.
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop detailed product development plans, understand technical feasibility, estimate costs and project risk, meet cost targets, coordinate resources and work to project schedules.
- Communicate and defend design performance and cost tradeoffs.
- Develop conceptual and detailed designs for complex electrical components, subsystems and systems that comply with industry standards, such as UL and CE.
- Perform early phase product investigations including system architecture, power budget development and PCB floor planning.
- Conduct detailed circuit design and analysis, including schematic design and simulation.
- Design for manufacturing, test and assembly.
- Develop and execute test plans.
- Perform Design FMEAs and assist with Process FMEA’s where required.
- Interact with suppliers, customers and contract manufacturers to understand application requirements and solve problems.
- Assist with ongoing technical support of current and new products.
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10 years of progressive experience relating to electrical and product design in a fast-moving, high growth environment
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Demonstrate project management and leadership skills
- Ability to read, understand, and create electrical schematics
- Demonstrate hands on experience with engineering validation
- Experience with industry standards such as UL and CE for new and existing product
- Highly organized, able to meet deadlines and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills for interfacing with peers, other engineering disciplines, suppliers, customers and vendors to ensure successful development and execution of projects.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and other industry standard electrical software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, small team environment under minimal supervision
- Ability to positively represent the company when interfacing with suppliers and customers
- Ability to travel up to 5%
- Programming experience a plus
- Reads, writes and speaks the English language fluently
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand 25% of the time
- No sponsorship available
- ORGANIZING, PLANNING & DECISION MAKING: Analyzes problems, identifies issues, establishes priorities and accomplishes outcomes in a sequential fashion; anticipates needs and develops alternative courses of action in recognition of changing conditions.
- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL: Acquires training or skills to apply up-to-date knowledge to achieve results; demonstrates innovativeness in applying leading edge technology and/or new procedures and approaches.
- JOB COMMITMENT: Willingly accepts responsibility and performs expected and unexpected tasks as needed. Demonstrates initiative and tenacity; exerts extra effort when necessary to get the job done. Performs effectively under stressful conditions.
- RELATING TO OTHERS: Expresses ideas and concerns clearly both orally and in writing. Works and interacts with and is supportive of co-workers. Sacrifices self-interest when necessary to accomplish group goals. Keeps others properly informed and solicits opinions and feedback of other team members.
- EXTERNAL & INTERNAL RELATIONS: Provides guidance and willingly helps and/or acts as a resource in obtaining assistance. Interacts appropriately and respectfully with vendors, customers, peers and subordinates. Promotes a positive company image.
- QUALITY: Performs work consistent with expected standards of performance; exhibits accuracy, thoroughness and effectiveness, etc. in carrying out work duties.
- LEADERSHIP: Organizes a group of people to achieve a common goal. The ability to influence people and teams.