Do you like to expand your engineering, leadership and problem-solving skills every day? Do you want to creatively contribute to new product development from concept to completion?
We are looking for an Engineering Intern to assist in the development and implementation of innovative designs. This position involves providing ideas, input and analysis as an engineering team member.
Come partner with us to use what you’ve worked hard to learn in school and we’ll help you supplement that knowledge with real-world engineering competence!
- Participate in the design and development of new products.
- Research, design and test product improvements and new product development.
- Work closely with and under the direction of staff engineers.
- Create detailed design drawings.
- Analyze design using engineering tools.
- Perform lab and field testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree in progress.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- ORGANIZING, PLANNING & DECISION MAKING: Analyzes problems, identifies issues, establishes priorities and accomplishes outcomes in a sequential fashion; anticipates needs and develops alternative courses of action in recognition of changing conditions.
- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL: Acquires training or skills to apply up-to-date knowledge to achieve results; demonstrates innovativeness in applying leading edge technology and/or new procedures and approaches.
- JOB COMMITMENT: Willingly accepts responsibility and performs expected and unexpected tasks as needed. Demonstrates initiative and tenacity; exerts extra effort when necessary to get the job done. Performs effectively under stressful conditions.
- RELATING TO OTHERS: Expresses ideas and concerns clearly both orally and in writing. Works and interacts with and is supportive of co-workers. Sacrifices self-interest when necessary to accomplish group goals. Keeps others properly informed and solicits opinions and feedback of other team members.
- EXTERNAL & INTERNAL RELATIONS: Provides guidance and willingly helps and/or acts as a resource in obtaining assistance. Interacts appropriately and respectfully with vendors, customers, peers and subordinates. Promotes a positive company image.
- QUALITY: Performs work consistent with expected standards of performance; exhibits accuracy, thoroughness and effectiveness, etc. in carrying out work duties.