The SolidWorks Designer designs mechanical components and assemblies for prototyping and production. Create engineering models and prints with an elevated level of accuracy. This applicant should be excited and challenged by a fast-paced product development environment.
- Help design components and assemblies using SolidWorks.
- Demonstrate superior design practice for both manufacture and prototyping.
- Understand how CAD design needs affect product development in a fast-paced environment and respond accordingly.
- Show enthusiasm for taking on other tasks, as needed, to foster product development.
- Help update existing drawings to new standards with care to manage impact to current functional products.
- Use attention to detail to create error free documents.
- Dimension prints in accordance with ANSI/ASME Y141.1.
- Practice good revision control.
- Maintain CAD databases.
- Perform dimensional and stack up analysis.
- Create CAD drawings and models with a high-level of accuracy, thoroughness and effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- 2-5 years of experience with SolidWorks CAD software and drafting.
- Design of injection molded components.
- Design of small machined components, experience with lathes a plus.
- Associates degree in design/drafting or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products.
- Work in a fast-paced, small team environment.
- Assist with technical support of current and new products.
- Ability to lift 25lbs.
- Ability to stand 10% of the time.
- Ability to meet schedule commitments.
- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL: Acquires training or skills to apply up-to-date knowledge to achieve results; demonstrates innovativeness in applying leading edge technology and/or new procedures and approaches.
- JOB COMMITMENT: Willingly accepts responsibility and performs expected and unexpected tasks as needed. Demonstrates initiative and tenacity; exerts extra effort when necessary to get the job done. Performs effectively under stressful conditions.
- RELATING TO OTHERS: Expresses ideas and concerns clearly both verbally and in writing. Works and interacts with and is supportive of co-workers. Sacrifices self-interest when necessary to accomplish group goals. Keeps others properly informed and solicits opinions and feedback of other team members.
- EXTERNAL & INTERNAL RELATIONS: Provides guidance and willingly helps and/or acts as a resource in obtaining assistance. Interacts appropriately and respectfully with vendors, customers, peers and subordinates. Promotes a positive company image.
- QUALITY: Performs work consistent with expected standards of performance; exhibits accuracy, thoroughness and effectiveness, etc. in carrying out work duties.